BEST PRACTICES OF THE COLLEGE :
1. Extensive Hostel Facilities for disadvantaged and girl students, without which they could not pursue their higher education
- Since the college is situated in a remote area of Sundarban delta, the transportation and communication system is very poor. Most of the inhabitants belong to SC/ST/OBC and Muslim minority. Many of them cannot afford education without cheap and secured hostel facility.
- The hostel is instrumental in reaching out to the girl students belonging to conservative and minority families. They are neither allowed to travel long distances due to social and security reasons, nor permitted to stay far away from their residences outside the family surveillance. The hostel facility in our college brought about a revolution in bringing these girls within the purview of higher education
- Right from the beginning, the college has been getting overwhelming response from the students. Initially to meet the demand, temporary structures were made due to financial constraints.
- Over the time the college has constructed two separate hostel campuses for boys and girls with accommodation capacities of 200 and 350 respectively. However, the demand is increasing day by day and is posing a challenge for the college to accommodate all of them.
- To cater to the escalating demand, the college has recently arranged for funding from the UGC and is presently constructing a new girls’ hostel and also preparing for construction of a new boys hostel.
2. Computerization of College Office:
- The entire functional areas have been made computerized with a single database, shared through a Wi-Fi enabled network.
- The college office has been fully computerized with integrated office management software which enables computerized admission, record maintenance, fees collection, recording of student data and progression, preparation of different reports, etc.
- The fees collected are directly recorded in the accounts section having an accounting package.
- The accounting package also facilitates voucher generation, preparation of balance sheet, pay-packet generation, salary bills, PF records, preparation of tax and other deduction bills and also prepares different reports with transparency and completeness.
- Moreover, the system is designed to fix authority and responsibility on the dealing staff and provides all required information with greatest transparency, accuracy and reliability
3. Online admission:
- The admission process follows fully ―online system.
- The admission process starts with posting of advertisement in the college website (http://www.hazidesaratcollege.org) clearly mentioning all relevant details: cut-off dates, available subject combinations, eligibility criteria, number of seats, reservation policy, fee structure, etc.
- Once a student successfully submits his/her details in the specially designed electronic form, automatically a barcode marked slip is generated with bank details for submission of fees accompanied by an SMS alert in his/her mobile phone.
- The final merit list of eligible candidates for each department is then published on the website.
4. Computerization of Library with web-based technology and access to e-resources
- The services of the library – cataloging, stock taking, lending, buying, and archiving of all the books are maintained with the help of the library software.
- In addition, free internet facility is available to students and teachers alike in the Library during college hours.
- The computerization of the library also enables the college to provide OPAC, INFLIBNET and use of e-resources
5. ICT based Teaching-Learning Process:
- The college has been using ICT extensively in its teaching-learning process.
- The teachers not only use projectors, smart boards, audio-visual aid and e-resources in their class room teaching but also use the college website in preparation of their academic plan and question bank, supplying additional material to the students, and maintaining student records for identifying slow and advanced learners
6. Students’ Profile mapping:
- The college has recently introduced specialized software based Students‘ Profile Mapping, whereby their diversity in academic and financial background, and individual aptitude is determined in order to counsel them towards suitable direction
7. Online feedback mechanism 3600 Teachers’ evalution:
- The college has introduced on-line feedback mechanism from students, staff, alumni, parents, local authority and other stake holders.
- The feedback is analyzed regularly by the IQAC and appropriate measures are taken for improvement of teaching-learning and evaluation and institutional provisions.
- The online feedback mechanism is also used for the system of 360 degree teachers’ appraisal.