INSTITUTIONAL STRENGTH :
- 5 Honours subjects and 17 General subjects under all the Humanities, Commerce and Science streams with wide range of subject combinations.
- Departmental autonomy for effective implementation of curriculum with web based academic calendar, month-wise teaching plans, audio-visual teaching methods, seminars and study tours, regular assessments, and interaction with parents.
- UGC Sponsored Remedial course, coaching for Entry in Service and Career Counseling for backward classes. Subsidized skill development courses on: Communicative English and Basic Computer.
TEACHING - LEARNING AND EVALUATION
- Steadily growing students’ enrollment.
- Absolute transparency in admission (online) and evaluation process.
- Maximum possible use of ICT based teaching-learning despite geographic constraints.
- Software based Students‘ Profile Mapping and 3600 Teachers’ Evaluation process
- Teaching assistance beyond class hours in the college campus.
RESEARCH, CONSULTANCY AND EXTENSION
- Continuous effort in infrastructural development, access to computers, internet, INFLIBNET, books, journals etc. for pursuing research
- Teachers have 74 publications (among which 31 are in reputed journals with impact factor) and 47 presentations in conferences (14 international and 30 national levels)
- The NSS unit as well as different departments organizes various social outreach programmes, awareness and health camps with active involvement of students
INFRASTRUCTURE AND LEARNING RESOURCES
- 11.2 acres campus having an eco-friendly ambience with low pollution and vast greenery.
- The college has three large boys and girls hostel campuses, restrooms for teaching and non-teaching staff, separate Science and Humanities blocks, administrative block, library, seminar hall, open dais and canteen.
- The college has a large playground, with different sports and games amenities.
- The fully computerized library has a large reading room with good collection of learning resources and reprographic facilities, alongwith computers for accessing e-resources.
- There is a separate computer lab for students and teachers, with internet and printing facilities.
STUDENT SUPPORT AND PROGRESSION
- All necessary support for stipends and scholarship
- Poor-Boys Fund‘ scheme for the financially weaker students
- Students Health Home membership for medical facility at meager charges
- Assistance to the students to open Zero-balance’ account with the local bank
- Anti-Ragging, Anti Sexual Harassment and Grievance Redressal Cells with web based feedback system and complaint box
- Specialized software based Students’ Profile Mapping to individual aptitude in order to counsel students towards suitable direction
GOVERNANCE, LEADERSHIP AND MANAGEMENT
- The college is governed on principles of participatory and dynamic management
- The departments have autonomy in their respective academic affairs
- Authority and responsibilities are decentralized through committees and sub-committees
- Software-based accounting and financial transactions ensure absolute transparency
- Compliance with internal and external audit
- Inspite of low income, efficiency in expenditure management enables steady surplus
INNOVATIONS AND BEST PRACTICES
- Education for first generation learners
- Adaptation of modern technologies/methods for automation
- Hostel facilities to all needy students
- Transparent online admission system, web based feedback system, teaching aid software, computerized office and library and a system of 3600 teachers’ evaluation